Honors Choir on tour, day 4: on the town

Joey+Schunemann+%E2%80%9818+and+Abbey+Kotelly+17+search+through+records+at+the+Princeton+Record+Exchange.+

Nicole Poitras

Joey Schunemann ‘18 and Abbey Kotelly ’17 search through records at the Princeton Record Exchange.

Nicole Poitras, Co-Editor In Chief

Saturday was a relaxing day for the Honors Choir. After sharing breakfast at the hotel with the Indonesian Choir, they traveled to the heart of Princeton to spend a day in the city.

Students received a campus tour of Princeton University and hopped off at the university chapel, where they gave an impromptu performance of “The Lord Bless You and Keep You.” Afterwards, Barbosa led his class to one of his favorite places, the Princeton Record Exchange, where the kids shopped for all sorts of CDs and vinyl records.

Later, Barbosa treated his students to ice cream at Bent Spoon. The choir was then given the remainder of the afternoon to explore Princeton.

“I have to say my favorite part of the day was taking pictures with everyone. We walked into a lot of stores and we found that everyone was super nice,” said Simren Bhogal ‘17.

After dinner, the group traveled back to Princeton University to watch a Westminster Choir concert. “They were superb,” said Joel DeLong ‘17. “I especially liked how they moved around after each sequence.”

They then spent the evening packing their bags and preparing for their final day in New Jersey and the long ride home.