Re-lax: Boys lacrosse is ready to handle inexperience

Skyler Anderson

Sam Whitaker, ’14, is ready to combat the team’s possible inexperience this season

Austin Bumpus, Co Editor-in-Chief

Two years ago, the boys lacrosse team won their first team championship in Division III, creating high expectations for the team for years to come. The team made it to the playoffs last year, but could not finish out the year like they had in their previous season. This year, the team is looking to get back to the level of success they had in 2012, but will have some obstacles to overcome on their journey to do so.
The team includes fourteen seniors, four of which are playing in their first lacrosse season ever, which could create a big hole in experience that could affect the team throughout the year. However, the team feels that the experience the team does have will outweigh the experience that they lack. Senior captain Alec Grant feels that the team can overcome the obstacle, and said, “With so many new players, I think this year is definitely going to be a learning experience. However, we are still returning a lot of strong varsity players, so we will definitely be very competitive.” Kevin Delaney, ‘14, is another experienced senior on the team, and also felt that the team would be alright, despite the inexperience. “Well I think that we should be fine because of all the experience we do have, although there is a big learning curve for all of the new seniors,” Delaney said.
The team is ready to go against any doubts and obstacles, and hope to get back to the high level of success they have achieved in previous years. The team’s first game is Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at Manchester West High School, with their first home game on Thursday, April 17, 2014 against Monadnock.