Are we all “two-faced” on Snapchat?

Anthony Tamposi, Staff Writer

HB's Vice Principals Robert Ouellette and Tim Girzone participating in the phenomenon of "face swapping".
Teresa Randlett
HB’s Vice Principals Robert Ouellette and Tim Girzone participating in the phenomenon of “face swapping”.

Every week, the makers of Snapchat come out with new filters for users of the app. An extremely popular filter is face swap. The concept is pretty self explanatory: it takes two people and swaps their faces.

To do a face swap, you must begin by locking on one person’s face and select the face swap feature. Then, the screen will show where the two faces need to be in order for the faces to swap. The camera will then switch faces of the two subjects and save that photo.

“It’s dumb,” said Bryce Newsham ‘17. Many agree with him, and it seems that for most students the face swap is more of a phase than a constant craze.  

Will Crosby ‘17 explained, “the face swap perk is a bit overused; however, it is funny when they are done perfectly.”

Despite the animosity toward the feature, face swaps are still continuing to happen all over the school. In the library, they are constantly done. One would think librarian Christine Heaton isn’t a strong advocate for face swaps because they take away from doing work, but according to her, “I don’t care if they go on in the library; they’re funny and cute.”

She also suggested a face swap that she would like to see done: “A swap between Mr. Fox and the Cavalier would be one I would like to see.”

It’s safe to say that lots of the administration agree with Heaton’s view on face swaps in school. Many teachers don’t mind and actually like them. Even Mark Illingworth, Graphic Arts teacher at HB, admitted that they are “funny and creepy at the same time.”

Who will you face swap with next?