Young team holds high aspirations

The team’s preseason scrimmage at UNH last weekend surp featured snow.

Cam Chrystal, Staff Writer

With spring sports starting last week, the girls lacrosse team has high hopes for this season. There are only a few returning seniors and six freshmen, so the team is very young. With all of the new players and JV players making the step up to varsity, there is clearly a lot to learn. In spite of this, the team shows a lot of potential. Led by captains Shae Berry ‘16, Holly Eisenberg ‘16, Ceci Eliopoulos ‘16, and Lex Chilton ‘16, the team is looking to pick up a couple wins and a playoff berth in a tough, competitive division one schedule.

When asked about expectations for this season, Shae Berry answered “With such a young team, we have a lot to learn. But, once this team starts to mesh, I feel as though we have the potential to have a fantastic season”. Berry has been a varsity player for 3 years now.

Although the team hasn’t yet found their groove, they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. With Eliopoulos leading the defensive front, Shae Berry and Chilton leading the midfielders, and Eisenberg taking charge of the attack, the captains are all in a good position to lead the freshman and sophomores and guide them to success.

When speaking to Reagan Berry ‘19 about her goals for the season she replied,

“I would like to become closer as a team. I believe if we can become closer off the field, we can play to our full potential on the field”.

Being a freshman on a varsity sports team can be tough, but when asked what she thinks she can bring to the table this year, Reagan Berry replied “I’d like to bring a positive impact to the team in any way I can.”

The team traveled to University of New Hampshire this past weekend to participate in a pre-season tournament. Live coverage was brought to you by the Cavchron.