Seniors sign their way to success

Sydney Macleod

Cam and Gigi sign their national letters of intent

Tom E. Johnson, Contributor

Senior year comes with great excitement and lots to look forward to. With college in the near future and senioritis in full gear, seniors are excited to start a new chapter in their lives.

For student athletes, their senior year puts a cap on the closure to four years of dedication and commitment to the sport they love. For some, they dream of playing that sport in college, and for two of our seniors that dream has come true.

Last Tuesday, November 19, two of our very own seniors signed their National Letters of Intent to their respective colleges.

Cam LaFleur and Gigi Eliopoulos, ‘14, will both be student athletes at the college they committed to. Lafleur will be attending Merrimack College in Andover, Massachusetts playing Division II baseball, while Gigi will be playing Division II girls’ lacrosse at Assumption College in Worcester, Massachusetts.

Lafleur has played baseball at Hollis Brookline since freshman year, and is excited to  bring his “A-game” to Merrimack. Making second team all-state last spring, Cam will bring big things to Merrimack. Having the choice between Northeastern and Merrimack, he thought Merrimack would better suit his needs. “I’d like to thank everyone who came to support, I’m thankful to have such a great school, with great people around me.” He’s excited for one last big senior season of ball. “I’m looking forward to my last year of ball with the boys. We’re gonna’ make a run this year and open some eyes.”

After playing lacrosse since her freshman year at HB, Eliopoulos bittersweet senior season will be her best one yet. Although sad about leaving, Eliopoulos is excited to play at Assumption in the spring of 2015. “I chose Assumption because I felt like the school was a great environment and I felt welcome as soon as I got on the campus. I also love the coach and the team is super nice. I’m really looking forward to being part of the team.” Eliopoulos went on to say, “I’m really excited for my last season [at HB]! I think that our team dynamic will be really great! I’m really looking forward to it.

With the pressure on with fifty friends and family members watching, Cam and Gigi signed their name on the dotted line, in turn setting themselves up for fulfilling futures.