Game Results – Tuesday, 9/24

Sports, Writer

HollisBrookline High School in conjunction with high schools throughout the state is participating in the Tackle Hunger Food Drive. We are collecting non-perishable food items all week which can be dropped off in the back lobby area near the trophy cases. Every donation makes a difference for those in need. All food collected will be donated to the Share program in Milford.

Results from Tuesday – September 24th :

The Boys Soccer team improved to 4-3-1 with a hard fought win over Milford by a score of 2-1. Down 1-0 at the half , HB scored second half goals, one by Max Burns and the game winner by Liam Troddyn. Ryan Coutu had 12 saves in goal. TJ McKenna, Andy Basque, and Ethan Smith all contributed to the victory over Milford.
Boys JV soccer played a tough Milford team at home on Tuesday afternoon and after taking a 4-1 lead late in the second half, came away with a hard fought 4-3 victory.  Joe Mahoney opened the scoring with an assist from Jesse Gertz on a nice corner kick from Hunter Crea.  Milford tied the game 1-1, when Noah Sinclair took a direct kick and Luke Wang scored on a rebound shot. Noah drove home the next goal on another corner kick by Hunter Crea.  Jesse Gertz netted the game winning goal taking a clearing pass from Hunter Crea,who notched his third assist.  Goalkeeper Jackson Koopman was outstanding in net for the Cavaliers.
The Varsity Field Hockey team had another 5-0 loss to a strong Hanover program.  Although the score does not reflect the level of play the Cavs brought to the field.  Devon Kuchta had another great game behind a tenacious defense.  The forward and midfield lines had great heads up passing to give the team 5 offensive corners.
The JV team also had a tough game against Hanover, ending in a 3-1 loss.  The HB defense had their hands full, but put forth a phenomenal team effort.  The lone goal was scored off of a hard shot by Hailey Arseneau.  Both the JV and Varsity Field Hockey teams will take on Bow this Friday at home!
Games for Wednesday – September 25th :

Volleyball at Windham , dismissal at 1:45pm , bus at 2pm , Jv-B at 3:30pm , JV-A at 5pm and V at 6:15pm