Game Results – Friday 10/18 and Saturday 10/19

Sports, Writer

Results from Friday/Saturday – Oct 18th/19th :

The Football team improved to 5-2 with a dominating 27-7 win over the Souhegan Sabers. Sander Wimmer threw for a touchdown to Quinten Wimmer as well as rushing for a touchdown. Blake Bergerson intercepted a pass for a touchdown right before halftime to put the Cavaliers up 20-0 at the half. In the 2nd half, Marc-Andre Thermitus rushed for a touchdown to end the scoring. The entire defensive unit placed an outstanding game limiting the high scoring Sabers to one TD.

The Boys Soccer team improved to 9-5-1 with a 2-1 overtime win against Souhegan. Bryan Wright scored with a pass from Max Burns in regulation while JJ Kennedy scored the game winner in overtime on a pass from Danny Sattler. Ryan Coutu had 14 saves in goal. Nate McEvoy had a great game in the back.

The HB Girls Soccer team  is 10-1-2 after a 0-0 tie with visiting Merrimack Valley on Senior Day.  Recognized seniors were Christina Balsamo, Siena Moskun, Emma Ruvido, Maddie Harley, Paisley Broadhurst, Teresa DeMaio and Tasha White.  Christina Balsamo (9 saves) was heroic with a high catch late in regulation, and a stunning low dive in overtime. HB nearly won it a few times, but Merrimack Valley’s keeper had a great catch on Paige Magnuszewski’s lovely top corner finish, and a strong sliding save to upend Renee LeBlanc on her effort.   

The Volleyball team remained undefeated at 16-0 with a 3-1 win over Pinkerton. Scores were  25-15, 20-25, 25-19, and 25-16. Top performers were Kaleigh Whalen 16 kills, Maren Anderson 16 kills, Hanna Close 9 kills, Sophie Jordan 30 assists and Sammie Sheppard 33 digs. In quite possibly a preview of the Division I semifinals, which will also be held at Pinkerton High School, the Cavaliers rebounded from a second set loss to take sets three and four.  

Games for Monday – October 21st :

The Girls Soccer team will host Pembroke , V at 3:30pm and JV to follow at 5pm.