Game Results – Saturday 11/2 and Sunday 11/3

Sports, Writer

Results from Saturday/Sunday – November 2nd /3rd:

The Volleyball team lost to Portsmouth, 3-2, in the quarter-final round of the NHIAA Division I Volleyball Tournament. The Clippers came back from a 2-0 deficit, winning 3 straight for the win. Match scores were 25-9, 25-15, 24-26, 22-25 and 13-15. Top performers were Kaleigh Whalen 19 kills, Maren Anderson 17 kills, Hannah Close 8 kills, Sophie Jordan 50 assists, 7 aces, Sammie Sheppard 15 digs and Ellie Jordan 8 aces. The Cavaliers first loss of the season is also their last match of the season. Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you next year. Final season record: 19 – 1.

The Boys Soccer team traveled to Lebanon where they were defeated 3-1 in the quarter-final round of the NHIAA Division II Boys Soccer Tournament. Lebanon went up 2-0 before Danny Kennedy scored in the 54th minute on a penalty kick to make it 2-1. Lebanon later added an insurance to make it 3-1. Ryan Coutu had 17 saves in goal while Matthew Wojcik had a great game on defense. Team finishes with a final season record of 11-6-1.

The Football team wrapped up their regular season with a 56-14 win over St. Thomas to improve to 7-2 and secure the #5 or #6 seed in the upcoming play-offs. Sander Wimmer threw for 3 scores while also rushing for one. On the receiving end of the td’s were Quinten Wimmer, Blake Bergerson and Austin Johnson. Also rushing for touchdowns was Marc-Andre Thermitus (2). Quinten also returned an interception 99 yards for a touchdown.

On a cold and windy Sunday afternoon, the Girls Soccer team hosted the Souhegan Sabers in a quarter-final game of the NHIAA Division II Girls Soccer Tournament. The Girls (14-1-2) earned a spot in the Final Four Semifinals with a 1-0 win over Souhegan.  HB persevered over a strong defensive effort by Souhegan, thanks to 10 saves by the surefooted and surehanded Christina Balsamo, and the superb defensive work in front of her. This allowed HB to play to our strengths going forward for most of the game, doing all the right things to create the big moment, which finally came with 9 minutes remaining, when Sophie Warren passed to Rachel Brackett, who had the poise to find that tiny bit of space to finish expertly into the low corner, as necessary to beat Souhegan’s superb diving keeper. This was a signature win, with so many players accepting new roles, and everyone having a big game, working as a complete unit for the win.  

Games for the week :

Thursday- November 7th : The Girls Soccer team will travel to Exeter High School for the semi-finals of the NHIAA Division II Girls Soccer Tournament. Game time is set for 4pm.

Saturday – November 9th : The Football team will travel to an opponent yet to be determined for a 1pm game.

Sunday – November 10th :  The Spirit Squad State Championships will be held at Pinkerton Academy. The HB Girls will perform at 2pm.

Other : 

Winter Sports meetings

HBHS Wrestling -November 5th @ 2:45pm in room 362

HBHS Bowling – November 7th @ 2:35pm in room 177

Registration is open for Winter Sports teams : Winter Sports registration can now be done on familyid