Weekend Game Results- March 7, 2021

Sports, Writer

Congratulations to Coach Robbins, Coach D’Attilio and the entire Bowling team. The Cav’s fought hard today in the NHIAA Bowling State Championship, finishing as the State runner-up. In a best of 7 series, HB faced a strong Goffstown team in the first round. HB was up 3-1, and Goffstown eventually forced a 7th game. HB rose to the occasion and defeated Goffstown 4 games to 3. In the finals, the Cavs faced another strong team, Stevens from Claremont. Down 3-1, HB made their presence known by winning the next 2 games with scores of 218 & 253, forcing a 7th game.  They came up just short and finished 2nd in the state. Congrats to Travis LaFontaine, Kail Arthur, Rory Klauber, Cayden Plummer, Dan Aulbach, Zach Sommer, Tim LeClerc, & Jarrett Tousignant for a great season.
The Girls Basketball team fell to Pelham, in the quarter-final round of the NHIAA Division II Trn, in overtime by a score of 60-59. Elisabeth Stapelfeld led all scorers with  22 pts. Cheyenne Colbert dominated the boards with 18 rebounds and 8 pts while Maggie Crooks had 19 pts.
The Hollis Brookline Derryfield Ice Hockey Warriors are hitting their stride when it counts, topping Pembroke Campbell 6-3 at Everett Arena Saturday night. Senior Captain Sal Vella got the warriors on the board early in the first period with a power-play goal from Cole Giersch and Paul Vachon. The Warriors took command in the second period with three goals, one from Paul Vachon assisted by Sal Vella one from Quinn Silvio assisted by Cole Giersch and Aidan Rowe and one from Cole Giersch assisted by Colin MacDonald. The Warriors struck twice again in the third period.  Goals by Quinn Silvio assisted by Conor Sanborn and Freshman Kyle Sanborn scored his first high school goal assisted by Tyler Lautieri which finished off the scoring for the night. Senior Goalie Rylan Morgan stopped 11 Shots.
NHIAA Tournament Game Schedule – Division III Semi-Finals : 
The Ice Hockey team will travel to Everett Arena in Concord on Wednesday , March 10th, for a semi-final match up with the Kennett Eagles. Game time is scheduled for 8pm.