Results from Wednesday – October 13th

The Volleyball team improved to 13-1 with a 3 game sweep of Portsmouth by scores of 25-19, 25-21, and 25-12. Top performers were Annette Schlunk 13 kills, Cheyenne Colbert 13 kills, Lydia Daskalos 7 kills, 1 block, Sophia Jordan 37 assists, 4 aces, and Maia Schneider 14 digs. All proceeds from Wednesday’s matches were donated to the Kendall Charles Van Schoick scholarship fund. The JVA team swept two tight sets, 28-26 and 25-23, thanks to the all-around effort from Lolly Adair, offense from Kate Berrigan, Anneli DiVirgilio’s setting, and defense from Cadence Julian. The JVB team made it a three sweep night, winning 25-14 and 25-23 with plenty of offense from Angelina Costa and Gabrielle Spear, setting by Kirti Das, defense from Charlotte Petrella and Lauren Leith’s first game ace.

The Field Hockey team took to the turf Wednesday night to honor the nine seniors on the team: Jill Bradbrook, Maria Anton, Shea Decoteau, Leia Scott, Elsie Figeroua, Kaitlyn Castriotta, Emma Harley, and Allie Wood. With 6 minutes left in the game, Alyssa Hill scored on a corner play with a pass from Hailey Arseneau, to put the Cavs ahead 1-0. Derryfield quickly answered back to tie it up 1-1. Moving into overtime, the Cavaliers had good momentum moving the ball up the field, but could not finish in the offensive end. Derryfield ended up taking the victory on a penalty stroke.

The JV Field Hockey team extended their win streak to 3 victories in a row with a 3-0 shutout against Derryfield. The first goal of the game was scored by freshman midfielder Addie Marchant followed by two goals by freshman midfielder Emily Tebbetts. Strong passing and great on-field communication sealed this win with excellent support from sophomore midfielder Ella Marcum and sophomore defender Meghan Park

Games for Thursday – October 14th :

The Boys Soccer team hosts Souhegan, Jv at 4:30 pm and V at 6:30 pm.

Good Luck to Cavan Quinn and Reid Mitchell as they compete in the NHIAA Division II Golf Championships at Rochester Country Club.