All State honors go to multiple HB athletes

Leslie Eisenberg

Multiple members of the girls soccer team were named to the All State team

Dan Leone, Staff Writer

Making an all-state team and getting recognition is such an accomplishment. For those who do not plan on playing a sport in college, making all-state is one last goal before high school is over.

Torrey Cook ‘17 made all-state after having an impressive season in Division II:“It’s nice getting recognized for my hard work. I did not feel like I was going to make all-state so it came to me as a big surprise.”

In addition to Cook making all-state for HB Girls Soccer, Ryan Philbrook ‘17, Michelle Philpot ‘17, Kenzie Day ‘17, Taylor Cook ‘17, and Magnolia Moskun ‘17 also received the honor of all state selection.

Not only did HB have players from the soccer team make all-state; many young men from the football team received the honor also . Yet again another pair of siblings, Joey and Brian Delaney ‘17, received all-state honors. Joey Delaney ‘18 said “I feel honored to make all-state. I had a strong feeling I was going to make it during the season. I made second team and I am very proud of that.”

To earn all-state honors it is not easy, certainly not something that is just handed out like a participation certificate. All the players who earn this honor should feel very accomplished and proud that they are one of the best at what they do for their given sports.