Results from: September 8-9

Sports, Writer

Results from Friday/Saturday – Sept 8/9

The Volleyball team improved to 2-0 with a 3-0 win over Manchester Memorial. Scores were 25-12, 25-14, and 25-13. Top performers were Elizabeth Atkinson 11 kills, Kyra Belden 8 aces, Sierra Dinman 4 aces, Kenzie Powers 12 assists and Ellie Jordan 4 digs. The JV – A also won 2-0.
The Football team, playing at home under the lights, defeated Sanborn 25-7 to even their record at 1-1.
The Girls Soccer team fell to undefeated Bow by a score of 3-0. The JV’s also lost 3-0.
The Boys Soccer team lost to Bow, 6-1.
The Field Hockey team notched their first win of the season on Friday in a game against ConVal at home. The winning goal was scored by junior Sofia Barassi after one of HB’s many fast breaks. Junior Minn Danaisawasdi assisted on the goal. Defensively, goalie Emily Dvareckas had six saves, while junior Rachel Cerato made a critical defensive save late in the second half. Senior Megan McLaughlin and junior Jordan Mazzola also played extremely well for the Cavaliers in the victory.
The 46th Annual Coach Korcoulis XC Invite was held at HB Saturday with 11 teams competing. The Boys finished 3rd while the Girls finished 8th. Finishing in the top 25 for HBHS were Kenny Corsetti – 6th, Adam McQuilkin – 12th, Lily Jackson – 18th, Matt Hutchinson – 23rd and Patrick Bloniasz – 24th.