Games and Results March 9-12

Sports, Writer

GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAM – STATE CHAMPIONS !!

The girls traveled to SNHU on Friday night to take on the John Stark Generals in the Division II State Championship. The girls defeated the Generals 54-43 to win the first title in the history of the girls basketball program at HB ( first team in the late 60’s or early 70’s). Congratulations to the players – Maddie Harley,Amanda Goclowski, Joanna Balsamo, Christina Balsamo,Elizabeth Bonnette, Kelly Willett, Brodie Kelly, Sofia Barassi, Lily McAdams, Abbey Magnuszewski, Brooke Allanach, Elizabeth Atkinson and Ari Friedman. Also congratulations to the coaches , Bob Murphy and Tara Goldenberg ( HBHS Alumni – Tara Ostrakamp).

The Boys team punched their ticket to UNH and a berth in the semi-finals of the Division II tournament tonight by defeating Milford 46-33.  The boys will take on the Pride of Merrimack Valley at 7:30pm. The admission fee is $ 6 for students and $ 8 for adults.

There is a fan bus scheduled for the game . If interested, please see Mrs. Balfour, as there is limited space and this is a first come first serve. Bus time is 5:30pm.

Reminders :

Winter Sports Awards night is scheduled for Tuesday (March13th)  for 6:30pm in the auditorium. Teams that would like to meet earlier will be in classrooms at 6pm.

All athletes interested in playing a spring sport must register on my school bucks prior to the first day of try-outs(March 19th). In addition, if you need an impact ( concussion) test please email the trainer, Mike Thompson, at [email protected] to set up an appointment. If you have any questions please stop by the AD office