Games and Results for: April 13-16

Sports, Writer

Results for Friday/Saturday – April 13th/14th :

The Girls Lacrosse team had a nice showing against Kearsarge, the reigning D3 champs, winning the game 14-5. Paisley Broadhurst lead all scorers with 4 goals. Cece Fetter tallied 3 scores. Kelsey Sweeney and Tasha White had 2 goals apiece. Victoria Bruzik and Abbey Magnuszewski each scored a goal. Olivia Valentine was a rock with 7 saves on the day. The defense led by Caroline Smith, Reagan Berry, Dana Ulrich, and Sydney Speir contributed to HB’s 7 caused turnovers. The Jv team lost 9-1.

The Boys Lacrosse team had a solid effort in winning 9-2 over Keene.Ryan Olson had five goals and an assist to lead the offense while Mark Laback had his first varsity goal.JJ Fiore added two goals. Jacob Martinos, Sal Fabbio and Connor Farwell combined to shut down Keene’s all state attackman and leading goal scorer, holding him to just one tally and no assists. JV’s had a great come from behind win 7-6. Down three goals, Brendan Corban won it on a break with 20 seconds left

The HBHS Track team went to Pelham Invitational meet on Saturday April 14th placing 20th (boys) and 24th (girls) out of thirty teams. In the Discuss event, Lily Jackson took third place and Matthew Dowling was fourth in that event. Taking fourth place in his event and breaking a personal record was JJ Kennedy in the long jump (19’ 09”). Jordin Stone in the 400m race took sixth place with a time of 55.62, and Chase Adams was sixth in the 110mH event with a time of 18.68

In Baseball action , despite very good pitching by Joe Brown and Joe Messina, Portsmouth defeated the Cavaliers at Hollis High School.  Portsmouth is defending state champions. Dan Leone and Messina had 2 hits each for the Cavs and Messina also homered.Brown struck out 5 and walked only one in 3 innings and Messina pitched the final 4 innings striking out 4 while walking 2. In jv action, the boys lost 4-3.

The Boys Tennis team improved to 3-0 with a 8-1 win over Pembroke.Singles winners were Nic Vahe,David Charkassky,Darius Paradie,Ben Zielinksi,Max Burns, and Alex Anghel. Doubles winners were Burns/Zielinksi and Anghel/Thomas Ackerly.

The Varsity Softball team had a back and forth game with Portsmouth but in the end came up just short losing 16-14. The Jv Softball team lost to Portsmouth 14-6.Freshman Marissa Brickner pitched a complete game with 5 strike outs while Freshman Bella Ferrazzani hit a triple scoring two runs.The game was tied until the bottom of the sixth when Portsmouth exploded with seven hits and HB had two errors.

Games for Monday – April 16th :

Varsity Baseball/Softball at Souhegan, dismissal at 2:05pm, bus at 2:20pm, games at 4pm
Girls Tennis at Trinity, dismissal at 2pm, bus at 2;15pm ,match at 4pm

Boys Volleyball hosts John Stark Varsity at 5:45pm
Girls Lacrosse hosts John Stark , Varsity at 4pm and jv to follow
Boys Tennis hosts Trinity at 4pm at Nashua Swim and Tennis, dismissal at 2:15pm , match at 4pm
JV Baseball hosts Souhegan at 4pm