Games and Results for: May 2-3

Sports, Writer

Results from Wednesday -May 2nd :

The Boys Volleyball team lost a tough match to Bishop Guertin last night. The scores were 25-20, 25-21, 25-23. Playing well for the team were senior Jonathan Brackett with 16 kills, Matt Simco with 6 kills, and Scott Van Coughnett with 27 assists. The team is 4-3 and travels to Goffstown on Friday. The JV team swept BG 2-0 

The Boys Tennis team defeated Windham 7-2 to improve to 5-1. Very good match at 6 singles, Anthony Hashem of Windham held on for 9-7 (7-5) win over Alex Anghel of HB.  Max Burns of HB with a close 6-8 loss at 4 singles and Ben Zielinski of HB with a solid 8-5 win at 5 singles.

The Girls Tennis team lost 9-0 to Windham. Many long games and the girls played hard on every point
The Baseball team lost another close one, this time to Pelham, 6-5. Dan Leone had 2 doubles and Max Mello pitched well for HB but it wasn’t enough.  Tyler Macdormand also had 2 hits for the Cavs.  HB had Mello on 2nd with 2 outs in the last inning and Mitch Dreyer singled to centerfield and Mello was thrown out at the plate to end the game. Mitch Dreyer and Max Mello also had 2 hits  each for the Cavs.

The Jv Baseball team behind the pitching of Ryan Coutu who threw a 5 inning no-hitter defeated Pelham 13-0 to improve to 4-1.

In Girls Lacrosse, HB did an excellent job hanging with Portsmouth for a majority of the game losing 15 – 7, Kelsey Sweeney scored 3 2nd half goals. Cece Fetter scored 2 goals had 6 draw controls, and had 5 ground balls. Victoria Bruzik and Abbey Magnuszewski each added a goal. Reagan Berry and Paisley Broadhurst each ended the day with an assist. Olivia Valentine was able to stop 5 shots from the high powered Portsmouth team. Caroline Smith, Tasha White, Sydney Speir, Josie Farwell, and Dana Ulrich played solid on the HB defensive end of the field.

The Softball team dropped a great game to Pelham by a score of 7-2 to drop to 2-4 on the season.  Gabby Paquin pitched 7 innings, giving up 7 runs with 2 strike outs.  Avery Webb, Delayni Kovalchek, Isabel Keefe, Megan McLaughlin, and Krystle Plumadore each had hits for the Cavaliers on the day.

In JV Softball the Cavs beat Pelham 22-4 in 5 innings.Freshman Marissa Brickner pitched four scoreless innings, striking out five and walking three. Junior Autumn Farrow pitched the last inning.Senior Emily Dvareckas had two doubles and a triple driving in eight runs.Sophomore Maria Toupin was solid behind the plate blocking many balls. She had  three hits and drove in three runs. Sophomore Julia Frugard had four hits driving in three runs.

The Boys Lacrosse team lost to Derryfield 7-0.
Games for Thursday – May 3rd :

Boys Lacrosse at Man. Mem – bus at 4pm , game at 6pm
Girls Tennis at Goffstown, dismissal at 2pm, bus at 2:15pm , match at 4pm.
Girls Lacrosse hosts John Stark , V-5pm and jv at 6:30pm
JV Baseball hosts John Stark at 5pm