Games and Results for: May 25-29

Sports, Writer

Results from Friday/Saturday – May 25/26:

On Friday, the Boys Volleyball team traveled to Winnacunnet to play the Warriors on their senior night. Hollis Brookline swept Winnacunnet 25-14, 25-23, 25-22 for their 7th win in a row and improved their record to 11-4. The Cavaliers were led by senior setter Scott Vancoughnett who had 31 assists, sophomore Sander Wimmer who had 12 kills, Mike Moscatelli and Matt Simco combined for 15 kills, Matt Wojcik had 5 kills and Jack Sinclair had 10 digs.

The Boys Lacrosse team defeated Division I Nashua North , 16-7 , to finish the regular season at 7-9 and the 11th seed in the division.
The Track team competed at the NHIAA Division II Track Meet in North Conway, on Saturday May 26th, with 18 athletes.Those athletes performed very well in different events.In the 400m, Kay Partridge, Aidan Maguire, and Jordin Stone. In the 110m hurdles, Chase Adams. In the discus, Lily Jackson. In the long jump, Joey Dias. In the relay 4X100m, for the girls; Naomi Kopser, Vanessa Thomas, Lauren Ingraham, and Kail Arthur. For the boys; Chase Adams, Rob Bardani, Patrick Bloniasz, and Aidan Maguire. In the relay 4X400m, for the girls; Victoria Rezzarday, Megan Cramton, Catherine Donovan, and Devon Kuchta. For the boys; Patrick Bloniasz, Jordin Stone, Aidan Maguire, and Kyle Simpson. Finally, in the relay 4X800, for the boys; Patrick Bloniasz, Jordin Stone, Kyle Simpson, and Adam McQuilkin.
I would like to mention that the boys 4X400m and 4X800m recorded their best time of the entire season at this meet; 3:42.08 for the 4X400m and 8:43.10 for the 4x800m.
Finally, a special recognition goes to Lily Jackson who took fifth place in discus with a throw of 103’08” and Jordin Stone in the 400m who took third place with a time of 52.58; this is his best time this season. Lily and Jordin are the only HBHS athletes going to the Meet of Champions in Merrimack next Saturday May 2nd. Good luck to both of them!!!

Games for Tuesday – May 29th :
The Unified Track State Championships will be held at Alvirne High School. Our team will be dismissed at 1:45pm , bus at 2pm and compete  at 3:30pm.
The Boys Tennis team travels to Bedford, dismissal at 2pm, bus at 2:15pm to compete in the NHIAA Division II Boys Tennis State Championships which will start at 4pm. Their opponent in the final is number one seeded Souhegan.
Reminder :

Spring Sports Award night is Tuesday ,June 12th at 6:30pm...
The Boys volleyball senior recognition night is Monday, May 29th! JV at 4:30 and Varsity starts at 6 pm. Come cheer on seniors: JB Brackett, Scott Vancoughnett, Jonathan Brunckbardt, Patrick Close and Matt Simco!