Games and Results for: June 2-4

Sports, Writer

Results from the Weekend :

The Girls Lacrosse team pulled off a huge upset this weekend, beating #1 Winnacunnet in the semi finals 11-9. Cece Fetter had 4 goals, Paisley Broadhurst had 2 goals, Abbey Magnuszewski had 1 goal and 1 assist. Kelsey Sweeney, Tasha White, Rachel Cerato, and Brooke Allanach each added a goal. Olivia Valentine came up big with 10 saves, the biggest save coming with just a few minutes remaining in the game with the score 10-9 to help get the Cavs to the finals. The defense anchored by Caroline Smith, Reagan Berry, Victoria Bruzik, and Dana Ulrich held one of the top scoring offenses in the league to under 10 goals for just the 3rd time this year. Finals are Tuesday night 5pm at Manchester Memorial. Come out and support the girls as they take on #2 Portsmouth!
At the Meet of Champions in Track and Field  on Saturday, June 2nd, Hollis/Brookline had two athletes competing. Jordin Stone ran the 400m with a time of 52.97, finishing his season in 16th place in the state. Lily Jackson threw an amazing 105′ 9″ in the discus event, narrowly missing a chance at New England’s and coming in 7th place in the state (top 6 advance to New England’s). We are very proud of both athletes and have high hopes for them next season!

Tournament Games this Week :
The Girls Lacrosse team will play in the Championship game of the Div II Girls Lacrosse Trn. The girls will face the # 2 seed Portsmouth on Tuesday ,June 5th at 5pm at Manchester Memorial High School. There is an admission fee for this event charged by the NHIAA, Adults- $ 7 and Students- $ 5.
The Boys Volleyball team will host Goffstown in the quarter-final round of the NHIAA Division I Boys Volleyball Championships this Tuesday at 6pm. There is an admission fee for this event charged by the NHIAA. Adults- $ 5 and Students- $ 3.