Game Results – Friday 10/25 and Saturday 10/26

Sports, Writer

Results from Friday/Saturday- October 25th/26th :

The Football team improved to 6-2 when they defeated once beaten Alvirne, 51-36. Sander Wimmer threw for two touchdowns and also ran for two scores. Marc-Andre Thermitus ran for two scores. Shea Philbrook and Blake Bergerson were on the receiving end of td passes while Andy Basque kicked a field goal.

The Cross Country teams competed at the DII Cross Country Championships at Derryfield Park on Saturday. The boys teams finished 11th out of 21 teams and the girls placed 17th out of 18 teams. The girls were led by Amy Pattelena, finishing in 15th place (20:49), which qualified her to move onto the Meet of Champions. Catherine Donovan, Carolyn Hultiz, Victoria Rezzarday, Lily Jackson, and Shandi Fetter all raced well in the championship race. The top finisher for the boys was Luke Laborde (50th, 18:18). He was followed closely by John Kotelly, Troy Moscatelli, Ryan Burgher, Jake Laborde, and Ayden Finnegan, all of who had good races. 

The Boys Soccer team improved to 10-5-1 with a 3-0 win over Pelham. Goals were scored by Max Burns, and two goals by Andy Basque, one from a penalty kick, and the other on a Chase Adams throw in. Ryan Coutu had 1 save in goal. Chase Adams, Josh Ide, Aidan Maguire, Matthew Wojcik, and Jake Sacks had excellent defensive games. 

The Girls JVA Volleyball team traveled to Bedford Saturday for a 15 team JV tournament. The team went undefeated in pool play, the only team to finish the day undefeated. They had a rematch of their pool play game as they played Nashua North in the Quarter final round of play. In a thrilling 2-1 victory, the team delivered a loss to Nashua North. The girls went on to play Goffstown in the semi finals and swept them 2-0. The finals saw a match up between BG and HB. HB played valiantly, taking BG to a third, deciding game but came up short in the deciding set. The team finished the regular season 15-3 and 2nd in the JV tournament. Congrats on a great season to Coach Ed and the team.(photo below).

Tournament games this week :

On Wednesday the Boys Soccer team will host a preliminary round game of the NHIAA Division II Tournament, at 3pm against Plymouth

On Thursday the Volleyball team will host a preliminary round game of the NHIAA Division I Volleyball Tournament , at 6pm, against an opponent yet to be determined. There is an admission fee for this game charged by the NHIAA ( adults- $5 and students – $3 ). 

On Sunday the Girls Soccer team will host a quarter-final game of the NHIAA Division II Tournament, at 2pm, against an opponent yet to be determined.