Game Results – Friday 2/14 & Saturday 2/15

Sports, Writer

Results from Friday/Saturday – February 14th/15th:

The Girls Swim team finished in 11th place out of 30 teams at the Division II State Championships this past Saturday at UNH.

The relay teams of Mary Martin, Sarah Zhang, Mallory Clifton and Rlka Cunanan posted season best times finishing in 8th place in the 200 medley and 200 freestyle relays. The 400 freestyle relay team of Victoria Rezzarday, Lily Jackson, Sienna Moskun, and Mallory Clifton posted best times to score points for the team. Freshman Sarah Zhang swam season best times in the 100 yd freestyle and 100 yd backstroke events. Freshman Ella Cunanan broke the HB school record in the 50 yd. freestyle, finishing in 2nd place overall and also broke the school record in the 100 yd backstroke finishing in 4th place.  

The Gymnastics team finished 14th out of 18 teams at the NHIAA State Championships.   Liv Spokane placed 26th in the All Around and Cambria Pomeranz placed 42nd in the All Around. Olivia did the best for us with a 31 on Vault, 35 on Bars, beam 49th and 34th on floor. 

The Boys Basketball team improved to 9-3 with a 70-63 win over previously undefeated Hanover (12-1). Top scorers for HB were Matt Dias with 17 pts( 5 3pt. shots), Grant Snyder with 14 pts. and 8 rebounds, Max Stapelfeld with 11 pts and 8 assists and Rob Haytayan with 10 pts. and 4 rebounds. The JV team also won with an exciting win in overtime.

The Girls Basketball team lost in a battle of unbeaten teams, falling to Hanover 67-43. Leading the way for the Cavaliers were Elisabeth Stapelfeld with 17 pts., Christina Balsamo with 11 pts and Cheyenne Colbert with 6 pts.

The Ice Hockey team improved to 11-4 with a 10-1 win over Pembroke-Campbell. Sophomore defenseman Conor Sanborn scored an end to end goal to notch his first High School goal! Freshman Jesse Gertz had a huge night with two goals and the hat was thrown for Sophomore Paul Vachon with three. Other scorers on the night were Joey Oetjens, Derek Wagner, Cole Giersch, and Colin MacDonald. Assists by Michael McLaughlin, Quinn Silvio, Sal Vella and Jared Sanborn  

The Bowling teams took on Keene, Spaulding, BG & Winnacunnet in a 5 team meet. Varsity fell to Spaulding in the individual round, but beat both Keene and Spaulding in Bakers.  They walked away with 1st place overall and 11 points on the day, securing a first place finish in the regular season.  Bowling well for the Cavs were Zach Sommer (219, 195) Ben LaFontaine (247, 164), and Jarrett Tousignant (200, 192). The JVs finished first in the individual round, but lost to Spaulding in the Baker round, walking away with 2nd for the day. Bowling well for the Cavs were Tim LeClerc (134, 187) and Rory Klauber (120, 160). The Varsity team will compete next Saturday at Strikers East in Raymond at 10am for the State Championship. Please come to support them!!

The Wrestling team went 3-0 on the weekend to finish out the regular season with a 12-5 dual meet record. Hunter Crea (106), Seth Ponders (113), Troy Moscatelli (120), Luke Wang (138), and Ted Moscatelli (145) each went 3-0 on the day.  

Games for Monday – February -17th :

No games scheduled