Milford Pumpkin Fest 2022

Crowds of people flood the streets Friday night to enjoy the entertainment and music.

Gabriella A. Rizzuto, Assistant Editor

The 33rd Milford Pumpkin Festival occurred Oct. 7-9, 2022, and it was a hit according to its attendees. The festival is hosted by The Granite Town Festivities Committee (GTFC) with the mission of making Milford, NH, the best community it can be.

This year, the festival had live music, food trucks, a haunted trail, vendors and much more. First-time attendees found that it exceeded their expectations, even after hearing about it for years.

Braelyn Wilson, a junior at The Academy for Science and Design, arrives at the festival stating that they had never been and did not know what to expect, and left saying they loved the pop rock and “beachy country” music that was performed and the haunted maze.

Returning attendees were also looking forward to the spooky activities and entertainment held at the festival.

“I know there’s…this like, soda thing that’s really good [and] there’s also…a scary like maze thing,” says Joshua Dion, a junior at Bishop Guertin, both of which ended up being his favorite parts of the experience.

The event was a weekend filled with laughs, scares and plenty of fun and food.

Getting the opportunity to hang out with friends, eat delicious food and “see a bunch of friendly faces” were the highlights for many visitors, such as Hunter Daily, a senior at Souhegan High School.

“I had a great time hanging out with friends and having a good time and especially eat[ing] a bunch of food,” Daily states at the conclusion of the evening.

The 2022 Milford Pumpkin Festival was an overall success, giving the community a thrilling start to the Halloween season and a fantastic opportunity for friends and family to have a spooky and enjoyable weekend. If you missed it this year, do not worry. The Milford Pumpkin Festival will return to The Oval for its 34th event next year.