Alex Razzaboni Commits to Gordon College

Alex Razzaboni’s commits to Gordon College for Division III Baseball.

Megan White, Staff Writer

Alex Razzaboni ‘23 looks forward to the next four years as he commits to play Division III Baseball for Gordon College. Prior to Razzaboni’s commitment, he played at The BCANH Underwood Classic Game, a place where he made a name for himself when the Gordon coaches finally got to watch him play. Soon after the game Razzaboni received an email from the head coach, Tad Skelley, who asked for a call. Shortly following this call, Razzaboni toured the campus.

Razzaboni has been playing baseball from a young age. He started his career off in a T-Ball league his parents put him in at age five. For the past 13 years, Razzaboni has played baseball for countless leagues, the first being the Hollis Brookline Cal Ripken league. Razzaboni has many inspirations, but his biggest is Yadier Molina, a retired catcher for the St. Louis Cardinals.

“I aspire to be like him. He was one of the best catchers in the MLB,” said Razzaboni.

Looking up to such great players, and after his Cal Ripken team made regionals at age 12, Razzaboni knew he wanted to play for a long time, including at the collegiate level. The commitment to Gordon was easy for Razzaboni.

Razzaboni advises players to “work hard in order to achieve their dreams”.

As Razzaboni graduates from Hollis Brookline, he leaves behind his work ethic, determination, and positive attributes to his younger teammates who had the opportunity of playing alongside him over the years.

“I liked it mainly because of the coaching staff and I loved the campus. I’m most excited to play baseball in college, it’s what I’ve wanted to do my whole life,” said Razzaboni.

Razzaboni is looking forward to his last season at Hollis Brookline and hopes to repeat the Championship win accomplished in the 2022 season.