The CavChron

The CavChron

The CavChron

Girls Soccer Versus Pelham

@hbabccavs on Instagram
The Girls Soccer team celebrates after Sienna Anderson ‘24 scored the first goal of the game. The goal was the first of many to lead them to a successful 10-0 win against Pelham. “We are 10-0 right now; we’ve come so far,” said junior forward Lilly Bouchard ‘25. (Photo courtesy of the HB Athletic Booster Club)

After losing to Pelham in the Division 2 semi-final game last year, the girls soccer team managed to pull off a 10-0 victory against the standing champions. 

“This year we have a closer bonded team, and we have the chemistry that allows us all to work together better on and off the field,” said Mckenna Maguire ‘25, the starting forward on the girls varsity team. 

The girls have a new keeper this year, Mya Blackman ‘27. Blackman managed to obtain seven saves against Pelham’s top goal scorer, Ashlyn Walsh, preserving the shutout. “She dribbled right down the line, and Mya came out with a great 1v1 save,” said Ellie Snoke ‘25, the starting center back on the girls varsity team. 

Considering that the girls soccer team has lost in their semi-final game two years in a row, things are starting to look up for the girls this year. Their record of 10-0 seems to be holding strong, taking the first place lead over all other teams. “We are 10-0 right now; we’ve come so far,” said junior forward Lilly Bouchard ‘25. “It’s looking good in our favor, but after that win against Pelham I think as a team, it really pushed us all to think that we have a chance, and finish off what we never could,” said Bouchard.

Keeping their winning streak is crucial for the girls to continue their season with a championship. One loss could throw off everything, and staying strong and well bonded is going to be an important element in being able to pull off the win.