The CavChron

The CavChron

The CavChron

Zach Bryan Never Sleeps (And Never Should)

Maggie Noble
Zach Bryan performs at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA on May 12 during his “Burn Burn Burn Tour.” Bryan’s tour was sold out across the United States and included some of his biggest hits, such as “Something in the Orange” and “Dawns” with Maggie Rogers. “Hearing all those songs live was definitely one of the best experiences of my life,” said Maggie Noble ‘25.

On August 25, country artist Zach Bryan released his self-titled fourth album Zach Byran; less than a month later, Bryan surprise-dropped a five-track EP titled Boys of Faith. The two projects have opened to critical and commercial success, debuting at #1 and #8 on the Billboard 200, respectively. Following his recent virality on TikTok, Bryan’s new releases have revealed his maturity as an artist and proven him worthy of his success.

Bryan’s fourth album is 16 tracks long, with the most popular one being “I Remember Everything” featuring fellow country artist Kacey Musgraves. The song debuted at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and has charted in the top 15 ever since. A country duet, the single covers two perspectives of a relationship that the two just cannot seem to forget. Strong lyrical snippets from the song have grown popular online, including the chorus’ “I wish I didn’t, but I do remember every moment on the nights with you” and “Strange words come on out of a grown man’s mouth when his mind’s broke.” The lyrics convey simple observations, yet are effective in their humanity and perspective on the heartbreak described throughout the song.

Bryan’s realistic, powerful lyricism is one major contributor to his viral success. Frequent listeners of Bryan find his demeanor to be relatable and down-to-earth. “The way he writes and the lyrics he uses…really just resonate with me and I think he really understands his audience; he’s a very real human,” said Addie Marchant ‘25.  Bryan is not afraid to highlight difficult moments in his life through his lyrics either. The singer’s turnouts often focus on relationships, his time in the US Navy, and even death. In “East Side of Sorrow,” Bryan remembers his time in the military while also covering the passing of his mother, describing her as “the last thing [he] had that was good.”

In his more recent EP Boys of Faith, Bryan further displays his diverse storytelling. “Nine Ball” details Bryan’s complicated relationship with his gambling father, while “Sarah’s Place” is an upbeat song reminiscing on an old friend leaving town in search of better opportunities. 

The short project proves Bryan’s ability to balance heavy and light-hearted topics, a quality upheld by many of his fans as well. “It’s not just music, it’s storytelling. No matter if you’re happy, sad, excited, you can always find one of his songs that you can relate to…it’ll make you happy,” said Maggie Noble ‘25. The EP also shows Bryan’s strength for incorporating other artists into his music, boasting features from folk singer Noah Kahan and band Bon Iver.

This summer, Bryan will be heading to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts on June 26 and July 17. “The Quittin Time Tour” will mark Bryan’s second performance in New England, his previous taking place at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA earlier this year. “Hearing all those songs live was definitely one of the best experiences of my life,” said Noble, an attendee of the Worcester concert and a ticket holder for Bryan’s upcoming tour. 

With his two recent releases, Zach Bryan has once again proven himself as a worthy country artist with strong lyrics, balanced collaborations, and powerful vocals. Zach Bryan and Boys of Faith’s close release dates have also shown that Bryan can put out quality music in a short period. Bryan might not be “Spotless,” but his discography certainly is.