Softball season starting up

Eric Secules

Ashley Skey is one of the experienced girls on the team ready for the season to start

Austin Bumpus, Co Editor-in-Chief

The softball season has begun, and the Hollis Brookline girls understand the challenges that they are going to have to face to start the year. The team, coached by Tim Girzone, graduated five seniors from last year, and is working with a young squad filled mainly with juniors and sophomores. The players are ready to take on the challenge and know the work they will have to put in to overcome it.

With such a young team for this year, the girls understand it may be tough at times during the season, but are focusing on the positives that come from it. Dom Mills, ‘14, said, “Losing five seniors from last year, the goal is to build the two teams up to help strengthen our young program. Not many girls have come out this year, so with the small amount of players we have, it will be easier to focus in and fine tune the details.” The team, while young, still has experience, and is ready to see how the year will turn out overall. Mills said, “This season will be interesting to see how things play out and to see what our team can do this year.”

The softball team opens up their season at rival Souhegan on April 14, before a stretch of three home games at Hollis Brookline, starting on April 16.