Oregon v. Ohio State Championship Game Preview

Scott Kroeger, Contributor

One of the biggest showdowns in college football history is about to unfold. The #2 ranked Oregon, rostering the Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota, is about to take on the surprising underdog of the College Football playoffs: Ohio State.

Ohio State came ranked the #4 seat in College Football playoffs against the #1 seat, Alabama. In the Sugar Bowl, most televisors/students/reporters predicted that Ohio State wouldn’t stand a chance against the Tide. However, they did with a third string quarterback Cardale Jones and  Ezekiel Elliott, a 200+ rushing yard running back for two straight games. Elliott has been the surprising workhorse of the team during the playoffs, scoring more touchdowns than any other one of his fellow teammates. During Ohio State’s historic win against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, he scored two touchdowns.

Marcus Mariota, the ret-hot young quarterback, has transformed his Oregon Ducks from a laughable joke to a sudden powerful force to be reckoned with. Oregon has had a tremendous year compared to last year. It is all thanks to their Heisman Trophy winner. In the blowout 2015 Rose Bowl game between Oregon and Florida State, Mariota threw for 338 yards and 2 touchdowns. The final score between the Ducks and the Seminoles was 59 to 20.

In this year’s championship game, Oregon, known for their flashy uniforms, will be wearing a “stormtrooper like” uniform with an all-white base with black wings on the shoulders and a black “O” on the helmet. Ohio State will be repping the classical red and white look for their championship uniform. The College Football Championship game will be aired on January 12, 2015.