Tennis hits the season running

Tommy Grant, Contributor

With winter now in the rear view mirror, it’s time to put the winter sports season in the past and now look to the start of the spring sports season. One of those sports looking to get out there, are the girls and boys tennis teams.

Both teams are excited to get out on the court and begin playing. They are looking forward to yet another season of Cavalier tennis. Tyler Pepin, ‘15, is excited for the upcoming season. “We’re looking forward to a great season. There is a lot of snow on the courts so we might get a late start, but we got a lot of tough guys on the team and I think we can get through it,” he said. “I’m looking forward to getting out there.” The boys team is led by Pepin, along with Seniors, Alex McCalmont, and Alexander Cate. All three returning Seniors are four-year players.

As for the girls team, there is a lot of competition. “We are currently in tryouts, the team is on the larger side this year so there may need to be cuts which there hasn’t been in previous years,” Teresa Randlett ‘16 said.  “Maddie McCann is a promising Freshman and she is making quite the impression on the tennis court.” Randlett,  a returning player, is looking forward to another great season. Sophia Bruzik ‘16 is a new face to the team. “I’m new to the team this year, but everyone is very welcoming,” she said. “Our first match is scheduled for April 6th, but will more than likely be postponed because of the snow.”

With the season hopefully set to begin on that date, it looks like a promising season for both girl and boy teams. The girls begin their season on April 8th, away against Milford, while the boys open at home against Milford.