Homecoming overdue?

Jonathan Northcott

Various dates of Homecoming over the years with 2013’s October 18, 2013.

Sophia Hall, News Editor

Homecoming is always something HB students look forward to at the beginning of the school year. It’s the most attended dance of the year where teams dress up in costumes for the occasion and students have a great time.

This year, Homecoming was originally scheduled on the same weekend as Hollis Old Home Days, causing the Class of 2014 student council to reconsider the date. Grant Johnson, ’14 and Class of 2014 President said, “Our student council has had to face many uphill challenges and battles having to schedule around sports and town events.” After very short notice, the dance was then moved to October 5, but was quickly taken away when a football was scheduled for the same night. Ryan Buckley, ’14 said, “Homecoming is definitely the best dance to go to because the sports teams dress up and everyone has a good time.”

The DJ for the homecoming dance this year will be switched up by using, Jonathan Northcott, ’14 and Tim Udelsman, ’14. Udelsman said, “It’s a pleasure to be able to DJ for the HB community. It’s a lot of fun and satisfying to be able to see everyone enjoying the music and having a great time.” They have done previous dances, but have good prices, lights and are always open to music suggestions during the dance. Kashka Gammon, ’14 said, “I can’t wait to go with the girl’s soccer team this year, homecoming last year was so much fun and I can’t wait for my last one of high school! Tim and Jonathan are the best DJ’s around and I’m excited for their selections.”

The date has finally been set to October 18 at 7PM at the high school. The Class of 2014 is hosting the dance and although it’s later than it has been usually, they are hoping the turnout is just as well attended as it always has been.