HB travels to new places

Kate McTigue and Zack Powers study lab safety at Nashua South

Patricia Bellantuoni

Lian Tumas, Contributor

The class I take at Milford is a great chance to learn about what I love, and it’s not offered at HB.

— Jared Fait

Due to a new program that allows students to take classes at schools other than their own, thirty-nine students from HB commute to Milford, Nashua and Mascenic for alternative courses. Only juniors and seniors are allowed to participate in career and technical programs which HB does not offer.

The programs offered all fall under the categories of accounting, automotive technology, biotechnology, business, computer science and technology, construction technology, culinary, education, electrical technology, graphic arts and communications, health sciences, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, marketing, precision machining, pre-engineering and video production. The majority fall under computer and technology education. All of the the career planning courses help strengthen student’s skills and achievements.

Jared Fait, ‘14 said, “The class I take at Milford is a great chance to learn about what I love, and it’s not offered at HB.” Trucks, cars and technology are Fait’s passion. He is hoping to pursue a future career in automotive education.  This fascination in mechanics and technology are a part of his company, Precision Maintenance. He has his own website at www.precisionmaintenancenh.com, which advertises his three services, lawn care, trash removal and scrap removal. The programs he attends helps him be able to maintain his website and work on cars and trucks.

Cameron Beaulieu, ‘14, wanted to be a part of an electrical class with the career and technical programs is he “wanted to learn a trade.” The programs offered are ones that could help students narrow down what subject they might want to major in. Hollis Brookline’s class options are limited, and these choices help broaden the choices.