Goodbye Ms. Matte

After three and a half years of service as principal, and nearly four years as assistant principal of Hollis Brookline High School, Cindy Matte is moving up the academic chain of command. Effective September 30, Matte serves as Interim Assistant-Superintendent for SAU 41. As a “big picture person” Matte is filled with excitement for her new role in the SAU. Although this transition from principal to Interim Assistant Superintendent is exciting for Matte, she feels bittersweet about leaving the school that she has put so much effort into leading over the past seven and half years.

The thought of leaving behind daily interactions with talented students involved in theatrical performances, difficult classes, multiple athletic programs, musical events, and even the National Honor Society brings tears to her eyes. Of all the different aspects at Hollis Brookline High School, Matte said, “the high respect level from students” is what she will miss the most from her tenure as principal.”

The high respect level from students” is what she will miss the most from her tenure as principal.

— Cindy Matte

As Matte moves on to serve as the new IAS, she leaves behind two very important pieces of advice for her replacement. She reinforces the need to “always do what is best for the students” and that “whatever decision you make during the day, make sure you can fall asleep at night.”