The CavChron

The CavChron

The CavChron

HBHS’s New Faculty Members

Megan Anderson

School Counselor 

Anderson, feeling welcomed by the HB community, is looking forward to getting to know staff and students more. As well as learning the HB traditions, and seeing the sports, plays, etc, she “love[s] the HB community. It feels inclusive and people care about each other,” said Anderson. Something to note about Anderson is that she is a Swiftie! 

Laurie Bakker

Health Teacher

Bakker is enjoying meeting her new staff members, students, and parents. She is excited to make connections with her students and be able to watch them grow and learn both inside and outside the classroom. She hopes to be able to cheer her students on in all aspects. “It feels like a positive, fun community that I am happy to be a part of,” says Bakker. Something you would not know about Bakker is that she was the athletic trainer for John Cena when she was in college. 

Mary Carper

School Counselor 

Carper loves the HB community and seeing everyone working together. She is excited to become more integrated into the community and create a connection with her students. “The students seem really respectful and like they want to be active participants of their school,” said Carper. A fun fact about  Carper is that she studied abroad in Australia for college.

Steven Crooks

Science Teacher

So far, he “likes being a part of the class and interacting with the students,” said Crooks. He is excited to see how his students do on the AP exam to see if his students are truly learning and if he is teaching the material well. Crooks has three new pets: a dog named Peanut and two cats. 

Ashley Fletcher

Math Teacher

Fletcher’s favorite part about working at HB so far has been getting to know other faculty members in the math department. “I like how the math department is structured, and the community overall,” said Fletcher. Fletcher is ready to meet and get to know other students and staff as her time here continues. A fun fact about Fletcher is that she is a very good hula-hooper, and is able to hula-hoop for a long time.  

Griffin Fletcher

Math Teacher

Fletcher appreciates seeing the effort students put into their education in his classes and others. Not only does he see the students’ care for learning, but he loves seeing the enthusiasm within the HB student body. “HB also has very high expectations for their students and teachers, which is awesome. I really like that about the school,” said Fletcher. Fletcher has traveled and done something in every country in Central America. 

Elizabeth Bauer

Science Teacher

Bauer enjoys working with the students. For the rest of the school year, Bauer is looking forward to teaching both her physical science and chemistry students more about chemistry. “I haven’t gotten to teach much chemistry yet, so I look forward to teaching chemistry,” said Bauer. A fun fact about Bauer is that she got her driver’s license when she was 14 because she lived in Idaho during the “Middle Ages.”

Jordan Scott

Athletic Assistant Director

Scott’s favorite part about working at HB so far is working with the students. “It’s why we come to work every day, and this school has a sense of pride, spirit, and community that is unmatched,” said Scott. He is looking forward to becoming immersed in the community more as he and his fellow staff care about the students, not only within these walls, but beyond their pursuits at HB. Scott used to hold a part time job that allowed him to meet random celebrities like Britney Spears, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and Guy Fieri. 

Free Clip Art, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons

Olga Thompson

Math Teacher

Thompson has enjoyed being in a different group dynamic after being a part of the Nashua school district for many years. Within years to come, she is looking forward to seeing “professional growth and things like that, learning new things about the students, and helping myself to improve as a professional educator,” said Thompson. One fact is that Thompson is a native of Ukraine. 

Photos of the staff featured in this article are courtesy of the HBHS website.