The CavChron

The CavChron

The CavChron

HB’s Red Cross Club

Lin Illingworth
The Red Cross taking their group picture before their Card for Heroes Party.

The Red Cross Club is a club offered at HBHS for any student who is interested in helping with volunteer work and providing health and safety resources for the community. On top of that, the club also organizes and promotes blood drives, fundraises and donates to those in need and educates themselves and others about safety.

What is the Red Cross Club? “It is a volunteer based organization that is based on the American Red Cross and we try to extend their mission through the Hollis Brookline community and high school,.” said President of RCC Addison Marchant ‘25. They are busy all year round planning all sorts of events and activities.

They also work together as a team during the holiday seasons and make holiday cards for soldiers who are deployed overseas. “This particular event card for one club member said it’s her favorite event of the year because it’s meaningful and she gets to connect with friends and fills her with the holiday spirit,” said Club Advisor Lin Illingworth. 

Other than helping out the community, the RCC is a great place to make new friends and do good for other people who are in need. “I feel like the community needs a society where a group of people do good because a lot of people don’t do good,” said club member Everett Bird ‘27.  

After finishing their latest event, which was Holiday Cards for Heroes, the RCC has a few upcoming events in the winter. “We are gonna start the Cans and Coats Drive for the winter season for anybody that might need it, and then  in the winter we are also going to do another blood drive,” said Marchant. 

The RCC meets on a biweekly basis in room 248 from 2:30 to 3:15.